Old 19-05-2006, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default Systemic insecticide for roses

I can not find the granular systemic insecticide for roses. I've used
this product (any brand, Ortho, Bayer, K-Gro, etc) for many years and
now it is not available at Home Depot, WalMart, nor K-Mart. Has this
product been removed from the market? (The granules smell a little
like Circus Peanuts.) I've tried dozens of methods to control aphids
and Japanese beetles (including many "organic" controls) but the
granular systemic seems to be the most effective.
Old 19-05-2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Warren

Phisherman wrote:
I can not find the granular systemic insecticide for roses. I've used
this product (any brand, Ortho, Bayer, K-Gro, etc) for many years and
now it is not available at Home Depot, WalMart, nor K-Mart. Has this
product been removed from the market? (The granules smell a little
like Circus Peanuts.) I've tried dozens of methods to control aphids
and Japanese beetles (including many "organic" controls) but the
granular systemic seems to be the most effective.

They Bayer stuff is available in Home Depot here. I use the 3 in 1 that
comes as a goopy liquid, so I see the granular one when I'm scanning the
shelves looking for the one I want. There are a lot of stores carrying
some of the Bayer products, but none that carry them all. There are two
Home Depots that I sometimes go to, and each time I go to either, they
have a different mix of products on those shelves, and more importantly,
they can differ from each other, too.

There's a farm store nearby -- Wilco Farm Store -- that also has some of
the Bayer products, but has them in different sized packages than I find
at Home Depot, Lowes, or the nearby discount department store, or even
the garden center.

Or you can get it he
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...holzemville-20

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Power Lawncare Tools for Spring Clean-up:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/

Old 19-05-2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Powerless Agronomist

"Phisherman" wrote in message
news
I can not find the granular systemic insecticide for roses. I've used
this product (any brand, Ortho, Bayer, K-Gro, etc) for many years and
now it is not available at Home Depot, WalMart, nor K-Mart. Has this
product been removed from the market? (The granules smell a little
like Circus Peanuts.) I've tried dozens of methods to control aphids
and Japanese beetles (including many "organic" controls) but the
granular systemic seems to be the most effective.

I use Actara - at my place very effective ( also I use it for vegetables)