Old 16-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Must have books in your collection ?

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:44:57 -0000, david wrote:

Many Thanks Martin
That seems to confirm my idea that the book was published in the 30's., also
got me looking at a few other of my gardening books,
Most interesting is
The Illustrated Dictionary of Gardening A practical and Scientific
Encyclopaedia of Horticulture
by George Nicholson
Seems to have been published in around 1888
English printing.
The only thing is I am a volume short only having 7 of the 8
every illustration seems to be an engraving.
Has made me look at it again.

Nicholson is the direct predecessor of the RHS Dictionary of
Gardening, first published ca. 1950, and is the lineal successor
of a gardening compendium published in the early 1800's.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada