Old 20-05-2006, 05:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

Default Craftsman tractor doesn't move???

"Stubby" wrote in message
news
Can anybody explain to how that brake and the clutch work in the
transaxle? I see the brake disk in the diagram and assume that turning
the shaft closes some parts together to press on the disk. But I don't
see anything remotely like a clutch. The diagram is not clear about what
touches what in the transaxle.

Ive got a tractor like yours. The "clutch" is a pulley that tightens the
drive belt. There's no clutch in the trans. I suspect you left the tractor
parked with the foot brake/clutch locked and the clutch linkage has siezed
in that position. It's difficult to see or access that linkage with the
mower deck in place. Removing the mower deck is not hard.