Old 20-05-2006, 06:33 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
mel turner

Default Unknown plants!

"John" wrote in message
Hi there.

In our garden we have some plants of which I do not know their names. They
were planted by my father who passed away...

Can anyone identify them?

I need their names for proper keywording, as I shoot them and uploaded
their photos on Alamy image library.
You can look at them if you go to the following link:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photograp...=2&ot=4&o t=8

The first one is _Hibiscus syriacus_, "rose of sharon":
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/47339/

The second is a _Canna_ species with "wild-type" flowers,
not one of the many cultivated forms with greatly enlarged
petallike parts. Compa
http://www.eeb.uconn.edu/Courses/EEB...a%20indica.jpg

The third looks to be trumpetcreeper, _Campsis radicans_,
or perhaps the Chinese species _Campsis grandiflora_

The last two images are lantana, _Lantana camara_.

Hope this helps.

cheers