Old 20-05-2006, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Everything but beans growing good - why?

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
news
I planted a bunch of stuff over the last 4 weeks or so. I am wondering if I
planted beans too soon? I have squash, cukes, and tomatoes in the ground
doing well, but my beans either germinated poorly, or died after
germinating. I have them in seperate plots also, and all of them did
poorly. I'm in the mid Willamette Valley, Lebanon, Oregon. Is it too early
to plant beans?

Dig up some of the seeds and see if they rotted. They want the soil to be
quite warm when they're planted, or they can rot before they germinate.