Old 16-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Kay Easton

Default growing potato in containers?

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , H
writes
I am about to plant up a couple of potato barrels with earlies. What

compost
mix should I use in them? Any recommendations?

Good ordinary garden soil which has not grown any of the solanum family
recently, or general purpose commercial growing compost - organic for
preference in both cases.

What is the solanum family?

It's the family of plants which includes the genus Solanum and other
closely related genera - in English, the Solanum genus includes potato,
aubergine, woody and deadly nightshade, and plants in related genera
include tomato, peppers, thorn apple, Datura
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/