Old 16-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Water Lily

The message
from "Stephen Goodall" contains these words:

I have a small pond 6ft by 4ft which is 3ft deep can anyone recommend from
personal experience a good small yellow water lily that won't take over the
whole pond.
Stephen

Nymphaea 'Marliacea Chromatella' is not exactly small - more medium
sized. I have had it in a pond about the size you describe and I like it
very much. As well as yellow flowers, it has leaves which are slightly
blotched with dark red. It will probably spread over nearly
three-quarters of your pond after about three years, but your pond is
certainly deep enough to accommodate it nicely. However, it will not
suit if you want a really small lily.

Janet G