Old 21-05-2006, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bof

Default Sorbus- Mountain Ash 'stump'

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "Merlin" contains these words:

Today I cut down our Mountain Ash which was 18 years old and
planted before we moved into the house next to the drive.

Rowans are traditionally planted at the gate to protect the
property against witches and lost spirits. Many country people consider
it very bad luck to cut one down.

Damn, we've one next to the gate, I was going to cut down for the same
reasons as the OP, in a couple of year's time once the replacement tree
had established, now I'm all undecided.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means