Old 21-05-2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Google Groups users: helpful hint [Was: Sorbus- Mountain Ash 'stump']

bof wrote:
[...]
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==

But, GG users, don't despair! Bof will still read you if you note the
following from another group's FAQ:

A recent change at Google Groups is causing its users to create
messages
that don't quote any previous material at all, which is baffling to our
readers. If you're going to use the Google interface to reply to Usenet
posts, please perform this extra step:

(1) click "show options" next to the poster's name, and
(2) click "Reply" in the line:
Reply | Reply to Author| Forward | Print | Individual Message

This will put quotations and attributions in your message, just as
other
newsreader programs do.

I'd add that it's best if you put your new message _after_ the old
ones. You can cut the old messages down by deleting bits and putting
[...] instead.

Hope you enjoy uk.rec.gardening as much as I do.

--
Mike.