Old 21-05-2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lynn

Default Peonies

Might be a bit late now so I would do it in the fall.
when my father -in-law dug up and tilled under his wife's garden (long
story) we found roots that we thought were rhubarb and took them home and
planted them and lo and behold they were her beautiful peonies that she used
to baby. What a lovely suprise to know that just part of her garden
survived. I have some of her rhubarb as well that is doing fanastic.

--
Lynn

"Sally" wrote in message
I have a ton of peonies in my garden.

They are lovely, but I would like to move them around.

I've tried this before, and they didn't make it. Apparently, they are
very finicky to being moved.

I'm in western ny, zone 5 or 6 and they are all loaded with buds, about to
bloom soon.

When is the right time to transplant and/or split without killing them
off?

Sally