Old 21-05-2006, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
GH

Default heavy attack of spider mites

I am not certain yet but I've done a little experiment. In one of my
big bean pots (60 cm diameter) I planted stinging nettles and in other
one lots of garlic cloves. My beans hated the garlic and lowered pod
production drastically and the aphid population dropped a little. In
the other pot (with stinging nettle) I have almost no aphids, my beans
are producing normally - 6 pods/week and continue to grow. The pots are
next to each other so the aphids would have no problem crossing.
Any comments from a more experienced gardner? What is your experience?