Old 21-05-2006, 01:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Need *Tall* Plants, Western NY

Oh I forgot to mention, I also thought about bamboo until I researched it.
Very invasive unless you get the clumping kind and that is expensive. I am
in Ga and was going to use the "free on the side of the road" kind...Cane
bamboo but it would have taken over everything and once it gets started you
can't stop it, kinda like Kudzu..
Elaine
"Sally" wrote in message
Hi all,

I could use some plant recommendations for a strip of soil I have that
runs along my neighbour's ugly fence.

I'd like some tall plants that return every year that will cover up the
fence or hide part of the fence.

Preferably, these would be fast growing and relatively easy to acquire.

I currently have clematis growing up a portion of it which is ok....and
tons of daylillies, but these are low growing.

I was thinking bamboo? *grin* I am in Zone 5, maybe 6?

Any other thoughts?

Sally