Old 22-05-2006, 11:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
rapdor

Default Yates Garden Guide 1988

"George.com" wrote in message

"loosecanon" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

"loosecanon" wrote in message

I have a copy of the 1965. It includes lots of goodies like DDT and
Dieldren
amongst others. The good old days!

Richard

you should try out some of the advice they give and report back to us.

rob

Hey Rob,

Do tell me more!

Cheers

like play around with some DDT and report your findings (on self and
garden). Slightly more serious mind, my Dad has a NZ version of the Yates
garden bible (either late 1960s or early 70s) and it seemed not to mention
DDT or the like when I browsed it last. It did recommend not using treated
wood for vege gardens and spoke very highly of animal poop years before
organic farming has given it a boost.

rob

organic farmic has been around since farming began, about 7000BCE in
anatolia