Old 23-05-2006, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID Please?

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"louisxiv" wrote in message
I'm starting to think that you and Rupert are right and it's a type of
Ceanothus. The leaves are really small I think which is why i was dubious.
if there are many varieties should i be looking to find out what that
specific one is? If it is Ceanothus I guess i could grow from a cutting?

I will take a better pic in a day or so when i'm back in town. The bit I
picked off is now withering badly.

Thanks for the tips so far.

xiv

"If" it's Ceanothus then you can take cuttings. It will be easy to pin down
the variety from the flower colour, leaf and shrub size.
Colours go from a washed out powder blue to a very deep blue.
You say this is a big shrub? which excludes a fair number of the known small
ones:-)

I agree with Ceanothus. It is the only blue flowering shrub in flower
this time of year that makes you go "what the hell is that Jimmy?" due
to the blueness of its ehhh blue.
If it is intensely blue (looked it in the blurred snap), then that is
it. The individual flowers are very small and arranged in clusters.

Des

p.s. was that the forth rail bridge in the photo?
Are you in Queensferry?