Old 24-05-2006, 12:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default my landscaper

Go to google, and search for the words "cooperative extension wisconsin".
Contact them. The best advice for this type of thing usually comes from

the
local extension service.

Very interesting. When I started studying tree biology I found some of the
information by extension services disturbing. Example: They were
recommending planting birch trees in the shade and then recommending
pesticides to us for the bronze birch borer. Birches are a full sun
species. Shade them and they will have problems. BTW birches need a little
(not too much) water during dry times. Why? Because the stomata's on their
leaves are stuck open. Why? I do not know.
So anyway, I started making my own fact sheets.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.