Old 24-05-2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Biotec 5.1 filter? Tetra Filters

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Does anyone have a Biotec 5.1 filter? Is it effective, easy to clean?

I'm currently using a Cyprio 1000, but it clogs far too often. I played
with a homemade Flowerpot filter last year, but it leaked like a sieve. I
really think the commercial filters are a rip-off, but the ease of use and
aesthetics are definitely appealing. It pretty much has to go above
ground, as I have VERY little space and few options for hiding. Unless I
put it in the neighbour's yard. I seriously doubt they'd notice in that
weed patch.

I use the Tetra Filters which were not that expensive, and have been more or
less satisfied with them so far. Once the water clears of algae in spring
they don't clog quickly unless the pond is carrying a large load of fish. I
haven't hosed off the filter pads, or flushed the bio-cubes in over a week
now.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.