Old 23-05-2006, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

Default Frost warning Monday night

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
:
: "Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
: ...
:
: The weather forecast for Scotland mentioned a possible frost tonight,
: and I'm pretty sure there will be one here (Isle of Arran). The sky is
: clear, no wind, chilly temperature is dropping like a stone, and I
: planted out a load of lettuces yeaterday 8-(. Have just been out and
: covered them with fleece.
:
: (We woke up to snow on the mountain top this am. I have a nasty
: feeling that warm spell a few days back was summer).
:
: Janet.
:
: Those few warm days were next year's spring and you are currently
: experiencing a correction to last year's Autumn which never happened.

It happened here, we had snow for the first time in donkey's years

www.rraa.moonfruit.com
:
: