Old 23-05-2006, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Frost warning Monday night

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

The weather forecast for Scotland mentioned a possible frost tonight,
and I'm pretty sure there will be one here (Isle of Arran). The sky is
clear, no wind, chilly temperature is dropping like a stone, and I
planted out a load of lettuces yeaterday 8-(. Have just been out and
covered them with fleece.

(We woke up to snow on the mountain top this am. I have a nasty
feeling that warm spell a few days back was summer).

Janet.

Those few warm days were next year's spring and you are currently
experiencing a correction to last year's Autumn which never happened.

Old 23-05-2006, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

Those few warm days were next year's spring and you are currently
experiencing a correction to last year's Autumn which never happened.

Glad to hear you're in the know, Rupert..could you reveal when
"Summer, 2006", is likely to flash past the window, please?

Had a word with Mother Shipton-but no joy.

Didn't quite get a frost last night btw; the lettuces and potatoes
survived unscathed but some mimulus are all looking very saggy and
dejected .

I had a look at frost forecast early hours this morning and all was well
with your part of the World.
That fleece trick certainly seems to work:-)
Janet.

Old 23-05-2006, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
:
: "Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
: ...
:
: The weather forecast for Scotland mentioned a possible frost tonight,
: and I'm pretty sure there will be one here (Isle of Arran). The sky is
: clear, no wind, chilly temperature is dropping like a stone, and I
: planted out a load of lettuces yeaterday 8-(. Have just been out and
: covered them with fleece.
:
: (We woke up to snow on the mountain top this am. I have a nasty
: feeling that warm spell a few days back was summer).
:
: Janet.
:
: Those few warm days were next year's spring and you are currently
: experiencing a correction to last year's Autumn which never happened.

It happened here, we had snow for the first time in donkey's years

www.rraa.moonfruit.com
:
:

Frost warning Sacha United Kingdom 29 19-11-2005 04:22 PM
Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island. Jerry Minasi Edible Gardening 7 07-10-2003 07:02 PM
Frost warning ?? JennyC United Kingdom 2 23-04-2003 06:48 PM
Possible frost/freeze Saturday night/Sunday Morning Wayfarer Texas 8 28-03-2003 10:56 PM