Old 24-05-2006, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Jeffcoat

Default Felling a Large tree: Costs.

Here in California (Sacramento), prices can vary significantly. I
strongly suggest getting several bids.

I'm envious of the prices mentioned by the other posters from Texas,
etc. I just had mistletoe removed from a couple of trees a few months
ago, and it was $325.00. Tree removal for a mature average sized tree
runs anywhere from $600 - $1000+. depending on the bid!

About 4 years ago, I had three very tall palm trees taken out of my
yard. . .I thought I got a bargain @ $1,200. for the removal. However,
the workers weren't reliable. They started the job, left it, came back
in 2 weeks, etc. I was a basket case, when the job was completed. But
the next nearest bid was double the $1,200. for the three trees.

Tree removal, especially if they pose a danger during removal of
hitting your house, or that of a neighbors, power lines, or any other
structure, automobiles, etc. need to be handled by licensed, insured
and bonded individuals. You don't want something catastrophic
happening during the process, that no one is going to be able/or be
willing to take responsibility for.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com