Old 24-05-2006, 04:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default will wild bullfrogs tame? - tame frogs

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Bonita" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have 2 wild bullfrogs that have been living in my pond for 4 years
now, only those 2 no other have come around. I was just playing around
my pond yesterday and tossed a store bought cricket at them, end result
happy frog!!! I fed the rest of the 20 or so crickets I had left. They
got very close to me when getting their free meal. I thought that was
so cool!!! If I continue to feed them like this will they tame to the
point of petting them? But I wonder if they get used to me feeding them
all the time will they forget the wild hunt for food in them? So is
this a good idea or not. Also caught them mating today, how long for
the eggs?

=============================
They do get used to human activity. I can walk right up to some that live
around my ponds. Both green frogs and bullfrogs. I read it's not a good
idea to feed them. Allow them to feed themselves. I doubt frogs would enjoy
being petted. When they mate the eggs are laid right there and then, almost
always among plants.

Koi-Lo....
Aquariums since 1952. Frugal ponding since 1995.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Disclaimer:
I do not post from Google, Earthlink, Usenetzone or Verizon.
Rude, inane or obscene messages are not mine .
The person impersonating me is ~ Roy posting through Earthlink.net.