Old 16-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Question: "egg" on Passion Vine

Isn't refreshing how enlightened your average American is of the ways of
nature and the advances in technology? Don't they teach anything in the
schools anymore? Too bad such basic concepts as the scientific method and
logic are considered taboo by bible thumpers and politicians to be taught in
public schools.

Iris Cohen wrote in message
There has been much written on the "egg like" extrafloral nectaries

that
appear on the leaves of the various Passiflora species.

Reminds me of the people who ask if the glands on the backs of buttonwood
leaves are a disease. Then there are those who write in asking about those
mysterious little brown balls in their potting soil. Are they eggs of an
insect?. I tell them they are the eggs of the NiPhosPot. (Osmocote)

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)