Old 24-05-2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Felling a Large tree: Costs.

Mildew

Its hard to determine with out an examination. Many variables must be
included in the price. Are you keeping the chips - wood? Please note that
fresh chips should not be used for about a year until the parenchyma cell
contents die. Than they are fine if applied "correctly".

Without seeing the tree. I would bid $1000.00. There is no way I would
except the job without seeing the tree first.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.

"Mildew" wrote in message

Hello. I am new round here. I have a fairly small garden (around
60feet).My Silver Birch is now around 8metres high and it's thirst for
water has been creating cracks in my neighbour's wall which stands
2feet from it. The coucil have given me permission to have it felled.
It will have to be done bit by bit ,of course. Does anyone have a very
rough idea of how much an average Insured tree-feller might charge for
this type of work? Unfortunately, I have no idea at all. Here's hoping
and thanks.

--
Mildew