Old 25-05-2006, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Newbie tomato grower - possible tomato plant virus?

On Thu, 25 May 2006 14:27:49 +0100, John Dyer wrote
(in article ):

I'm a first-time tomato grower, growing some Gardener's Delight toms from
seed. I've got two pots of them sitting in the cold frame and they've been
doing pretty well; but this morning I noticed that a lot of the leaves on
both plants are looking mottled. I didn't have the chance to have more than
a quick look, but virus infection immediately sprang to mind. I'll try to
take some pictures and post a link tonight, but if it does turn out to be a
virus infection is it worth me planting them out, or should I get rid of
them (especially as I'm a bit worried they might spread something nasty to
the potatoes).

Thanks

John (in Haslemere, Surrey)

Could it be scorching from sun (ha!) through the glass on wet leaves? (from
one who used to live in sunny Camelsdale ;- )

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk