Old 26-05-2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Treedweller

Default Felling a Large tree: Costs.

On 23 May 2006 20:33:12 -0700, "Myrl Jeffcoat"
wrote:

Here in California (Sacramento), prices can vary significantly. I
strongly suggest getting several bids.

I'm envious of the prices mentioned by the other posters from Texas,
etc. I just had mistletoe removed from a couple of trees a few months
ago, and it was $325.00. Tree removal for a mature average sized tree
runs anywhere from $600 - $1000+. depending on the bid!

About 4 years ago, I had three very tall palm trees taken out of my
yard. . .I thought I got a bargain @ $1,200. for the removal. However,
the workers weren't reliable. They started the job, left it, came back
in 2 weeks, etc. I was a basket case, when the job was completed. But
the next nearest bid was double the $1,200. for the three trees.

Well, remember, this tree is described as 8 meters tall--assuming
normal growth, that's probably less than a foot in diameter. Not that
big a job. I've done many removals that cost well above $600, and
have bid them as high as $2000-3000. I usually hear back that
"someone" has agreed to do it for a few hundred bucks, which makes me
shudder with fear, but maybe they get lucky, who knows?