Old 26-05-2006, 03:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
HumanJHawkins

Default transplanting "large" bamboos.

Clarification: When I said "If you manage to get 12 to 18 inches of
rhyzome with a lot of root growing off of it, you might very well get a
much bigger culm next year": I mean't bigger than the half inch culm
max you will get with a smaller section of rhyzome... Not bigger than
the existing culm.

In any case, it would be awefully impressive if you got more than about
a 5/8th inch culm that might be 12 or 15 ft. high the year after a
transplant even with a large amount of root and rhyzome.

Cheers!