Old 26-05-2006, 03:14 AM posted to rec.ponds
Go Fig

Default Algaefix

In article , Habanero
wrote:

Thanks for the comments Jay. Do you know anything about the beneficial
bacteria killing thing?

I test water consistently for years and see no degradation w/ the
recent use of AlgaeFix (started using last season). I dose at about
75% and the lilies and WH exhibit no negative signs.

My ponds have sand filters and UV/ozone and have always had excellent
water quality/clarity but AlgaeFix keeps the ones w/ rock/stone bottoms
cleaner cause it inhibits the growth on the rocks which acts as a
magnet for detritus.

I like this product.

jay
Thu May 25, 2006

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , ~ janj
wrote:

I'll have to check, but I think it was last fall's issue. I'm pretty
sure
it said AlgaeFix. ~ jan

Volume 10, #3, page 71, 3rd full paragraph. Doesn't say Algaefix, says
algaecide, but when Algaefix first came on the market, I looked up its
chemical make up, and it sure looked like an algaecide to me. ~ jan

AlgaeFix is new and does not work in the same manner as an algaecide,
it works by affecting the cell wall making it permeable in single cell
algae. In multi-cell algae it binds with a protein that disrupts
nutrient absorption.

jay
Thu May 25, 2006