Old 26-05-2006, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hal

Default why the grass doesnt grow?

On Thu, 25 May 2006 12:52:13 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Soil compacts MORE when it's wet and walked/knelt on.

Sure does, but with watering the grass doesn't seem to have a problem.
Some clay soils have to be watered longer and lighter to soak the
water in deep enough to encourage deeper healthy root growth. The
OP didn't say where he is or what kind of grass or soil, and I'm
betting he simply needs to water and cut. You may engineer him a new
lawn if you like, I just expressed my opinion.

Regards,

Hal