Old 27-05-2006, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Gardner

Default Slut Tape: where can I get some

Years ago I used a product called "Slug Tape" (IIRC)
to minimise the slugs and snails had on my plants.
(N.B. it isn't the adhesive copper tape.)

I can't find any now, and I'm wondering where I can
get it.

Slug Tape was a 1cm wide strip of paper impregnated
with metaldehyde. When layed across a "slug highway",
it was extremely effective at preventing them getting
near my plants. Alternatively, putting a loop around
a stem protected that individual plants. It was
effective for a surprisingly long time, surviving
several showers or a burst of heavy rain. Since it
was paper, birds etc didn't eat it, unlike the blue
granules.

Currently I'm making an alternative by painting a
thick metaldehyde paste onto toilet roll cardboard
types. It works, but I'm lazy.

So does anybody know
- who made it?
- where I can get some from?