Old 27-05-2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Jeffcoat

Default How does one eliminate Moles?

[Betty said]: ". . .and we're surrounded by Amish farms."

That's very funny, Betty! Unfortunately, I think the darned little
varmints are cute. If I've killed one outright, it was by accident and
I didn't know it!

I haven't been above pouring Clorox down their little holes however.
After reseeding the back lawn once and having it looking beautiful,
they completely tore it up while I was on a 4 day weekend away. .
..While the owner is away - the moles will play!

My dog managed to get ahold of one that I am sure surfaced after I had
poured the Clorox down his hole. When I saw him, I had a mellow heart.
You guessed it, I put gloves on threw him into a styrofoam cooler, and
drove him down to a wild-life area and turned him loose;-). . .By the
way, how long does it take a Mole to travel about a mile and a half. I
think I had him back in about 5 days;-)

Mostly, I like those little garden windmills, that while flapping their
sails, petals, or whatever, also vibrate the ground. It runs the
little varmints over to my neighbor's yard.

My neighbors don't exactly like that idea, but they are less humane
than I am, and will go in for the heavy artillery against the little
insurgents.

I tried one of those Gopher/Mole flare bomb doo-hickeys once. I almost
gassed myself to death!

I'd rather go through a root canal than deal with a Mole.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com