Old 27-05-2006, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful

Default WEEDS! There has to be something better than Roundup, right?

"catcher" wrote in message
Our flower beds and slate patio have tree-like weeds and are utterly
gross. We're looking for something that we can put down to kill the
weeds for longer than four weeks, and hopefully prevent them from
returning.

We've been using Roundup for years. It does kill the weeds, but they
come back quickly.

Please, someone suggest something better than Roundup.

We're in the Rochester, NY area in the US.

Try Spectracide TripleStrike grass and weed killer. It works quickly.
First I use TS, then I apply salt between the stones on my patio and walk to
kill any seeds that may sprout and try to grow. If you don't want to us
salt then use a pre-emergent weed killer. This will keep any weed seeds from
sprouting.