Old 28-05-2006, 02:14 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default Indoor Plants

Supreme Dalek wrote:
I am new to gardening and in particular indoor plants, is this the
appropriate group for this? Could I post some (small) pictures to this
group for advice?

Latest highlight is that I have brought a Wollemi Pine and have it in my
study near a window, I presume this will be sufficient.

I have some Peace Lillies which I just repotted, they are going nuts.

I also have read that indoor plants are good at improving indoor air
quality, any thoughts on this?

Indoor plants are good at improving air quality, but only if you open
all the windows and let them breathe. Otherwise they will die from
polution just like you do. It has been debunked, (They dont) not yet by
the mythbusters, or did I miss that one?

Wollimi pines will probably take over the whole building if you get a
big enough pot. Try to make a bansai pine out of it. Pines do not belong
indoors...

Re your Peace lilies, going nuts, I'm not surprised at the state of the
world these days.

Dont let them watch TV or listen to the radio.