Old 28-05-2006, 04:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
spamno

Default small engine repair

"Mark Corbelli" corbellicrewatcomcastdotnet wrote in message
Someone gave me an IDC (now Ryobi) 32cc cultivator and I'm trying to get

it
started. It's getting a spark as I can get it to run for a few seconds.

A good sign and in itself, eliminates lots of other possible problems.

I've
put in fresh gas, I took out the carb and shot cleaner through the jets.

It sounds like carburetion to me. You were on the right track there, but I
think you missed a couple things. Did you inspect the float, needle, bowl,
and seat? Or the same areas if a diaphragm type? Disassemble the carb and
clean/inspect. Use a safety wire to ensure all the passages are clear.
Adjust the float (or diaphragm) and reassemble. I think this is causing your
problems.