Old 29-05-2006, 10:17 AM posted to aus.gardens
MK

Default Missing snail pellets

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
"loosecanon" writes:
Has anybody else been putting out snail pellets only to check them the
next
day and have no pellets and no dead snails?

Once, after experiencing a similar thing for 5 or 6 consecutive days, I
happened to be standing at the window around midmorning puzzling over the
disappearing bait when I saw a rat emerge and bound about collecting it
all! So now each season before I can begin putting out snail bait I have
to first set rat bait!

We had a deaf white cat that died from eating snail pellets. No sooner
would you put them on the garden and it would follow around eating them!
This was in the mid-70s, so maybe they've changed the mixture since then?
Any cats acting strange around your garden lately?

MK