Old 29-05-2006, 02:41 PM posted to aus.gardens
Supreme Dalek

Default Indoor Plants

FlowerGirl wrote:
Actually I think this one can be grown indoors quite successfully

from what
I hear. But I would rotate it outdoors (into a protected area) form time to
time.
They are very slow growing so there should be no need to bonsai.

I've also heard that there may be a prostrate form of the Wollemi Pine
available at some stage (its similar in nature to Araucarias in that the
growth form of the plant depends on whether the cutting is taken from an
apical shoot or a tangential shoot).
I'd like to have a potted one myself - I reckon it's make the best living
Christmas tree ever!
Amanda

Absolutely.. I have photos if anyone wants to see them - see
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wollemia/

I live in Canberra, so I am cautious about taking it outside over
winter. I understand I should also water it very sparingly and not use
fertiliser (except for say fish emulsion or something)?