Old 29-05-2006, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wigelia - move

notpastityet? wrote:
I have a garden which I did not create.

In it there is a wigelia. Its by a coal bunker, not a good position as it
was constantly getting broken down , so I chopped it! I had thought it
would die but now its growing back from the base.

Can I move it? How wide is the root system likely to be? Will it stand
being dug up and shifted?

Its probably a few years old - at least seven I would imagine.

I THINK Weigelas take easily from cuttings. The simplest answer is
sometimes to make a new plant and, after it is established, just kill
the old one/dig it out?