Old 17-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Hussein M.

Default Best plant for low clipped hegde pls, supplimenary

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:04:48 -0000, "John Towill"
wrotc:

Thanks for the replies to my original post as above. I would like the hedge
to be 2 feet max, which seems to rule out the lonicera nidida. The box
seems best except that the hedge will run roughly east/west and will be in
full sun. A search of the characteristics of box says part shade.
Any further help or comments would be appreciated. Sorry that I did not put
fuller details in my original post.

Have you thought of cotton lavender (which can be hedged perfectly
to two feet)?

Santolina. It's a real toughie and can survive drought and burning
day long sun. Not only that but it is a very good companion plant for
various reasons - deterring nasties and encouraging friendlies (I'm
told). Evergreen, aromatic and has flowers.

Hussein
Grow a little garden