Old 29-05-2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Where To Find "Mini Pearl" Currant Tomato?

On Mon, 29 May 2006 07:15:45 GMT, DanielCoffey
wrote:

On Sun, 28 May 2006 18:06:17 -0400, John wrote:

I have searched high and low and no one seems to have these anymore.
They are (were) the best currant tomato I ever grew - tasty and disease
resistant. The heirloom currants from Mexico that I tried last year
succumbed early to pestilences that don't even touch my Brandywines.

You could have a look on www.tomatoseeds.net and see if they have a
grape tomato you like

Grape tomatoes are not currant tomatoes. Currant tomatoes are
_Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium_, grape tomatoes are _Lycopersicon
lycopersicum_.

I agree with John, the taste of a currant tomato is far superior to
most grape or cherry tomatoes.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"