Old 29-05-2006, 11:51 PM
lizmac lizmac is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks555
what is a "hare"? is it furry with a tail, long ears, whiskers and
hops around before eating all the vegetables in your garden?
Rick. Where do you live? I thought hares were everywhere. They are very cute but cause terrible garden problems, particularly to young trees. Here is a link to tell you about them: http://www.ipcc.ie/infohare.html Believe me, if you don't have them, you don't want them! However I do think the bluebells are being eaten by slugs or earwigs as you suggested. How do I deal with that over about one acre of woodland? Most grateful for any ideas.
Many thanks.
Liz
P.S. Hares go a bit mad in March hence the expression "Mad as a March hare", A March hare went to the Mad Hatter's tea party in Alice in Wonderland.