Old 17-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Elpaninaro

Default Question Schomborgkia Tibicinis?

This plant has 12 tubes/bulbs and 2 stalks that are a few inches in length
each. I paid $55 for mine and that was from a guy I used to think liked me.
I bought it from the most expensive seller here in no-county san diego but,
like you, I saw it and had to have it. This place is really expensive but
has great plants...used to belong to someone else who was not cheap but not
as costly as these new guys. Still, they have great plants. This plant is
currently in a 10" pot with very small media about 2" deep...the rest is
foam. I want to slab it but am afraid it will mess up the flowering...any
suggestions?

Hi MD,

$55 is not too bad for a plant of that size. Despite how common these plants
are in the wild, they are not always easy to find from vendors- especially in
this size. I think the sheer size of the plants probably scares many
prospective buyers LOL.

As for slabbing, I think you can wait until after flowering if you like- and I
would definitely advise you wait. The vendor obviously knows his stuff and has
potted it appropriately. You could probably keep it like that with no worries.

Take care,

Tom.