Old 30-05-2006, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default Tree Stumps ?

Redman wrote:
Ok, I cut down a lot of Leylandi last year but left about a foot and a half
of stump sticking up, now they are growing again but the wifes heard that
there is a substance that you can put on the stump to stop them growing.
Anyone know what it's called? Can you get it from any decent Garden Centre?

TIA

Redman

Are you sure they are Leylandii? I didn't think those grew back when
you cut them down - they certainly do not at home. I got them cut to
ground level bar one, which I have kept as a bare trunk to grow a rose
and probably a few other things up.

Cat(h)