Old 31-05-2006, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Can Calabrese be grown in GROW BAG's?

Robert wrote:
"tina" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: Is it possible to grow Calabrese on GROW BAG's?
:
: Thanks

Maybe, I wouldn't think so but you can only try it and who knows ......

I was waiting to see if somebody would say they'd tried it. But I agree
it seems pretty unlikely: I associate brassicas with a good strong soil
and a cool root run, neither of which growbags can offer.

Actually, I'll come out of the closet: I don't really like growbags at
all, having tried them for a few things, and found that, for my sloppy
technique at any rate, it was more productive to tip the material in
them into buckets with holes in the bottom.

--
Mike.