Old 30-05-2006, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina

Default Can Calabrese be grown in GROW BAG's?

Hi,

Is it possible to grow Calabrese on GROW BAG's?

Thanks
Old 30-05-2006, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

"tina" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: Is it possible to grow Calabrese on GROW BAG's?
:
: Thanks

Maybe, I wouldn't think so but you can only try it and who knows ......

Old 31-05-2006, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Robert wrote:
"tina" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: Is it possible to grow Calabrese on GROW BAG's?
:
: Thanks

Maybe, I wouldn't think so but you can only try it and who knows ......

I was waiting to see if somebody would say they'd tried it. But I agree
it seems pretty unlikely: I associate brassicas with a good strong soil
and a cool root run, neither of which growbags can offer.

Actually, I'll come out of the closet: I don't really like growbags at
all, having tried them for a few things, and found that, for my sloppy
technique at any rate, it was more productive to tip the material in
them into buckets with holes in the bottom.

--
Mike.

Old 31-05-2006, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]
Actually, I'll come out of the closet: I don't really like growbags at
all, having tried them for a few things, and found that, for my sloppy
technique at any rate, it was more productive to tip the material in
them into buckets with holes in the bottom.

--
Mike.

Ah a Growbag closet Queen has self outed
You can get thingies which cover the growbags to make them look prettier and
other thingies that water them and yet more things that offer support to
the plants.
Won't you change your mind? :-)

Ooh, you saucy little thing! If you try to change my mind, I shall
stamp my foot.

--
Mike.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

Ah a Growbag closet Queen has self outed
You can get thingies which cover the growbags to make them look prettier and
other thingies that water them and yet more things that offer support to
the plants.

I don't particularly like them either. I'd not discourage anyone from
using them, but I find I get better results with pots or planting in the
soil. The year I gave up using them and planted my tomatoes, cucumbers
and suchlike in 5l plastic containers used for oil, washing up liquid
and so on (I just cut the tops off with a knife) I had the best fruit
ever. Which is of course completely unscientific

James

if you can grow them there yo can grow them anywhere! Jonno[_13_] Australia 0 21-09-2007 01:13 AM
To Bag- or not to bag? Jos. Wheeler Lawns 25 10-04-2006 11:10 AM
Calabrese Jonny United Kingdom 2 12-05-2004 09:07 PM
To bag or not to bag 2 Gene Moon Lawns 1 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
To Bag or Not to Bag Gene Moon Lawns 3 09-06-2003 03:08 PM