Old 31-05-2006, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Cleavers

Jeanne Stockdale wrote:
In our previous home in North Cheshire, we never ever saw this weed.
Now living in South Cheshire and most of our flower beds (and the
compost heap) seem to be overrun with cleavers. Is there any way of
eradicating them completely - they seem to have virtually no root yet
despite clearing them each year, they still come back

Jeanne

You might be leaving them too long before pulling them out, once they've set
seed, it's an uphill task.
Just keep dragging them out and either burning them or bagging them up and
disposing of them, don't compost them for obvious reasons!

Eventually they will give up and lose their strength (the roots I mean)