Old 31-05-2006, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Moving house and transplanting Pear tree update 3 as requested

NikV wrote:
well folks here it is - dug up on 7th ish of may - not misting at all now
(last week) and watering once a day, some leaves have fallen - not many -
about to lightly feed - new growth on the top is about 3" long
will it survive the move - removal company says not to water for three days
before move - inclined to ignore them and water up to day before - what do
you reckon

What did we tell ya?! BRILLIANT! Do give it a bit of water, but don't
over do it and say to removal folks that you haven't watered. Lie!!!
But don't feed it. We told you not too because the roots will get
damaged. Just leave it in its pot and don't expose it in full sun -
place it where it used to be before, it was sheltered by your bike
shed. Find a similar place for it in your new house. Your wife must be
happy )