Old 31-05-2006, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WRabbit

Default Are these weeds?

"andrew scotchmer" wrote in message
Hi

I've just started gardening after moving to a house with a lovely back
garden. Before I lived in a house with just a back yard with just a few
pots etc..

This plant (links below) seem to be growing everywhere and I was wondering
what it is. I think they are weeds but need to be sure before I dig'em
out. In saying that however some of the pink flowers do look nice.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.scotchmer/weed

Been meaning to ask what those are for a while as I was giving some by my
grandparents who knew them as Nancy Pretties. Thanks for posting the
question!

The spread well and are good ground cover, but are easily lifted if they are
getting out of control. Very good for supressing weeds and for places
little else would thrive. I've got a clump planted under a lilac tree.