Old 01-06-2006, 08:43 AM
mrs-baggins mrs-baggins is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Fairweather
Hi, I am starting a professional gardening business in lincolnshire. Do I
need a waste transfere licence to take green waste to the tip? Anyone have
any experience of this?
I work for a local council (not yours though ) and I imagine it will be the same all over. A waste transfer note is given by someone who is authorised to transfer your waste. As a professional person you should not dispose at a local amenity site as this is for 'household waste' even though that waste is the same as yours effectively your waste is not household. You should apply to the environment agency to become a waste carrier. there is a chrage involved in this however. If you dispose of at a local household site and get caught it can carry a heavy fine. Sorry for the bad news but if it helps I think the EA process is relatively hassle free!