Old 01-06-2006, 06:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
notpastityet?

Default Wigelia - move

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

notpastityet? wrote:
I have a garden which I did not create.
In it there is a wigelia. Its by a coal bunker, not a good position as

it
was constantly getting broken down , so I chopped it! I had thought it
would die but now its growing back from the base.
Can I move it? How wide is the root system likely to be?

Ah, the height was about three feet before I chopped it and the main stem
about 2" diameter. All new growth is at ground level ( shoots are between
four and six inches now. I doubt it will flower this year anyway. It didn't
flower well before for that matter, it was leggy and as I said, constantly
being damaged.

I feel sorry for it because as it has survived the chop, it deserves a
chance at life but it has to be elsewhere in the garden. I thought I had
killed it.