Old 01-06-2006, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Crowe

Default Waste transfer licence

It is a VERY bad idea to trust them as far as you can throw their offices,
until you have confirmation that they are a decent organisation. Here,
Cambridgeshite Council Council is one of the most institutionally rotten
organisations that I know of. Oh, no, it doesn't take BRIBES - well,
none that I know of - but you can't trust it an inch.

You DEFINITELY need unbiassed information when dealing with ones like
that.

Not just your Nick, try the Isle of Wight County Council :-((((

I know the inner workings of said Council and I could write a book about it
:-(( HOWEVER, that is because of the directives of the Councillors, the
'plebs' themselves, ie the workers who actually DO the work don't like it
iether, but have to keep their traps shut ........... 'or else'.

I have a fine working arrangement with many of the Council staff and know
how to go about getting things done, but that is by working with them and
working the system.

You are soooooooooooooooooooo right in telling the OP to get 'with the
Council' and not against them :-))

Michael Crowe

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007