Old 01-06-2006, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Waste transfer licence

In article ,
"Michael Crowe" writes:

| Not just your Nick, try the Isle of Wight County Council :-((((
|
| I know the inner workings of said Council and I could write a book about it
| :-(( HOWEVER, that is because of the directives of the Councillors, the
| 'plebs' themselves, ie the workers who actually DO the work don't like it
| iether, but have to keep their traps shut ........... 'or else'.

In the case of Cambridgeshire County Council, the councillors are no more
in control than ministers are of Whitehall, but it would be wrong to put
the blame on the majority of officials. Like so many others, it is the
organisation that is rotten to the core, but no person has the power to
sort it out even given the intent.

And, of course, the root CAUSE of that dysfunctionality lies in Whitehall
(and at the door of the Blessed Margaret).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.