Old 01-06-2006, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobby

Default Waste transfer licence

| WHATEVER his local council's waste disposal arrangements are, those
| are what the OP has to comply with. So as Sacha says, asking the
council
| for a copy is the only rational and pragmatic starting point. He also
| needs to be aware that some work garden contractors may be asked to do
| (remove designated invasive weeds for example) has its own raft of EU
| and national legislation (and requires another, different license).

That isn't my point, which is that the interpretation may not be done
using normal English meaning, or even in good faith. It is critical to
find out how those documents are interpreted before attempting to rely
on them.

That's an interesting point because round our way, (Sedgefield) when one
tries to hold the council accountable to their downloadable documents, one
is labeled as a trouble maker. IMO that is why our council seem very
reluctant contact me by letter.